Re: PostgreSQL on iSeries/Linux

From: "Denis Lussier" <denis(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on iSeries/Linux
Date: 2005-09-15 18:39:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I have not tested it for binaries like Postgres, but, I have seen Java schtuff work ok in Linux partitions on zSeries and iSeries. For the last few years, IBM's AS/400 iSeries line uses the same PowerPC chips as are used in their AIX pSeries line. I believe that an iSeries Linux Partition will run any software that was built for Linux pSeries.

--Denis Lussier
Chief Dweeb
http://www.enterprisedb.com