Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8

From: "Obe, Regina DND\\MIS" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: 'frank church' <pgsql(at)adontendev(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Manual installation of PostgreSQL 8
Date: 2005-07-20 13:08:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

This may not be your problem, but thought I'd mention it since I had the
problem installing on a remote windows server.

If you are trying to install via Terminal services, there is a documented
issue that it can't do an init in regular mode. You have to connect to the
terminal services in console mode

mstsc /console

The below link has other known documented issues with installing on Windows.
Probably good to go thru the list if you haven't already.

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html#3.1