Re: R: R: How to move a DB from one server

From: "Obe, Regina DND\\MIS" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Federico Simonetti (Etheye)" <flame(at)etheye(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: R: R: How to move a DB from one server
Date: 2005-06-23 12:39:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
Just a thought.  When you are restoring, are you restoring using the same
encoding as the database you dumped.  I recall having similar problems and
it was because my dumped database was in SQL ASCII and I had mistakenly
created my new database using UNICODE.

Also I think I had an issue if I was using a pg_restore older than the
version that came with the pg version I used dump.