Re: User group liaison

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: User group liaison
Date: 2008-01-17 16:35:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Jan 17, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 08:05:24AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I don't see you on irc much... are you not a member of the
>> community ?
>
> I hope I am :-) Like I said, I *don't know*, so I want to be sure.
> What I'm
> looking to avoid is someone who only works locally.
>

>> Point being, Selena (JoshB and Davidfetter can confirm this) is a
>> vital
>> part of this community. She gets stuff done.
>
> Sure, I'll take your word for it, no problem there.
>

>> No, she isn't *that* active on the lists but I am not sure how
>> that is
>> even relevant to be honest.
>
> As long as she's active in the (global) community, it's not.

I believe the prior "global" experience is not a prerequisite here.

Magnus: some of what you're saying is close to "how do I get this
experience if nobody will hire me". Catch-22. Damned if you do,
damned if you don't. Can't have it both ways. :)

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan(at)langille(dot)org