why SELECT query needs relationname (schemaName.tableName)

From: "Amar Dhole" <adhole(at)tibco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: why SELECT query needs relationname (schemaName.tableName)
Date: 2011-02-08 06:56:45
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I have a query regarding database.

I have database 'customer' which is having schema 'cust.'

I have added my tables and data into 'cust'. But when I try to run the
sql queries against this schema I need to add 'cust' as a relationName
for every query. But same is  not applicable for public schema.

Same is applicable when I query with jdbc.

Can any one guide me how can I make my 'cust' schema to work like public
schema means for all the sqls I don't need to append schema name as
relationanme.

Thanks

Amar