RE: [INTERFACES] Possible error in libpg++ interface, date[time] fields.

From: Per Rønne <per(at)idp(dot)dk>
To: Per Rønne <per(at)idp(dot)dk>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Possible error in libpg++ interface, date[time] fields.
Date: 1999-04-22 13:53:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

My investigations show me that if null fields are present, nothing is
returned. Thus fields "right" of a null field will be moved left one field.

I think the same mighthappen if you use varchar strings instead of
fixed-length strings. If a string s is declared as char(n), and the actual
size of s is 2 and n >= 2, the next field will be moved n - 2 chars to the
left in the string that contains the result of the query.

--
Per Erik Rønne
E-mail per(at)idp(dot)dk (office)