Re: panic on 7.3

From: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: panic on 7.3
Date: 2006-01-21 07:05:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks very much!

I've decided to go straight to 8.1 though. There are just too many
performance improvements at this point that I might regret not having
and I don't want to do a dump reload again. I am about to compile it
now. If it isn't a panic grade failure in the latest 8.1 code then
I'd just assume take the stock release source code. I don't care at
all if this kills one connection at the ultra-low frequency with
which it occurs but what I can't have is the whole server rebooting
itself in the middle of processing hundreds of transactions. Once
that happens all of the web clients hang onto their bad connections
and then eventually die. Considering that I'm moving to 8.1 and am
not too familiar with applying patches am I crazy for just going with
the stock 8.1 code?