Re: Query a list of tables

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "Gibson Chimhamhiwa" <gchimhamhiwa(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query a list of tables
Date: 2008-07-23 15:40:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Solution:

I found that by doing the following query you can get a list of all
schemas or namespaces:

select distinct schemaname from pg_tables where schemaname not in
('information_schema', 'pg_catalog');

In order to select all of the tables within a schema or namespace:

select tablename from pg_tables where schemaname='name_of_schema';

Thanks for the responses.