Symbolic Links to Tablespaces

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Symbolic Links to Tablespaces
Date: 2008-05-26 14:11:51
Lists: pgsql-performance
PostgreSQL: 8.2.X

OS: Red Hat Linux 4.X

I have started to define tablespaces on different disks.  Is there any
performance issues related to referencing tablespaces on different disks
with symbolic links?  By using symbolic links to tablespaces can I then
stop the database and move a particular tablespace from one location to
another without causing a problem?  This would seem to give a lot of
flexibility to the location of tablespaces.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

University of Illinois

217.333.0382

http://webservices.uiuc.edu

My e-mail address has changed to lance(at)illinois(dot)edu

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: H. HallDate: 2008-05-26 15:00:18