Re: Installing Postgres

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing Postgres
Date: 2007-08-23 17:15:27
Lists: pgsql-admin
Joshua,
As I stated in my original email I know I can install the database in a
subdirectory of /abc/def/pgsql_data.  I know that.

Let me ask this of the listserv:  Is it possible to install the
PostgreSQL database in a directory and then move the directory later?

Example:  I install PostgreSQL to /abc/data can I move the files then to
/def/data?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Project Manager/Software Architect