Re: Installing Postgres

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing Postgres
Date: 2007-08-23 17:03:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Command I use to initialize the database with:

/usr/bin/initdb -D /abc/def/pgsql_data

Response:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"my_user".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

initdb: directory "/abc/def/pgsql_data" exists but is not empty
If you want to create a new database system, either remove or empty
the directory "/abc/def/pgsql_data" or run initdb
with an argument other than "/abc/def/pgsql_data".

As I stated in my original email there is a subdirectory in:
"/abc/def/pgsql_data" called "lost+found".

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Project Manager/Software Architect
Web Services at Public Affairs