Some Slony questions

From: Brendan Duddridge <brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Some Slony questions
Date: 2006-05-31 04:13:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I apologize if this is the wrong list to post these questions.

1. Does Slony replicate table statistics to the slaves?
2. Do you still have to vacuum analyze the slaves?
3. Are selects replicated or just inserts, updates, and deletes?
4. I'd like to have our updates go to the master and selects go to
the clients. Is that possible?
5. What happens if an update tries to go to the slave? Does it
automatically get routed to the master?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 | brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com