setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea

From: Tore Halset <halset(at)pvv(dot)ntnu(dot)no>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea
Date: 2006-12-01 11:33:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello.

My application uses lots of setBlob and getBlob to handle the oid
blobs in the database. I do not use streaming of blobs as my largest
blob are only 5MB.

I want to try out Slony-I. It can replicate bytea fields, but not oid
blobs. As I do not use streaming I just switched over the fields from
oid to bytea.

After the switch to bytea setBlob and getBlob are not working
anymore. Can this be fixed in the driver or do I need to detect if
the blob in the database are oid or bytea before deciding if I should
use setBlob or setBytes?

  - Tore.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: antongiulio05@gmail.comDate: 2006-12-01 12:14:29