FATAL Error

From: "Michael Roth" <MichaelRoth(at)schmuecker(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FATAL Error
Date: 2001-06-11 13:49:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

first: please excuse my terrible english ... i'm from germany :-)
second: I don't know, whether this is a bug nor whats wrong.

Sometimes we got the following error-message:
PostgresSQL query failed: FATAL 1: Socket command type 2 unknown
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means
the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request

We have PHP3-Scripts on our Webserver. They make connections to the
Postgres-DB. The Scripts are
working ok, but sometimes (and ONLY sometimes ...) they produces the error.

We dont know, what goes wrong here or what's the meaning from this the
error-message.

Machine: Intel PII-266, 288 MB RAM
Operating System: Linux 2.2.16
Apache-Version: 1.3.12
PHP-Version: 3.0.16
PostgreSQL:
Allow persistent links:Yes
Persistent links: 0/Unlimited
Total links:0/Unlimited
Compilation definitions: PGSQL_INCLUDE=
PGSQL_LFLAGS=
PGSQL_LIBS=
PSQL-Version: 7.0.2

Advanced Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Michael J. Roth

--
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop
working properly if you open windows.