Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Christian Sengstock <csengstock(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date: 2005-11-18 18:43:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Nov 18, 2005, at 5:45 AM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> You need the executables in the path for pgAdmin.

I was wondering about this also for OS X. I got it to work by putting
pg_dump and pg_restore inside pgAdmin OS X package (MacOS folder). Is
this what you mean by "in the path" -- same directory as the executable?

I could not find any information about setting this up in the

BTW, the option to set the file location in OS X using the standard
file dialog is broken (button with 3 dots next to the path). You
can't specify a path unless you choose an existing file. Basically,
an "open" file dialog is used rather than one that allows you to
specify the path.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
Power Tools for PostgreSQL