Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Christian Sengstock <csengstock(at)gmail(dot)com>,pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup/restore buttons deactivated
Date: 2005-11-18 18:43:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Nov 18, 2005, at 5:45 AM, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> You need the executables in the path for pgAdmin.

I was wondering about this also for OS X. I got it to work by putting
pg_dump and pg_restore inside pgAdmin OS X package (MacOS folder). Is
this what you mean by "in the path" -- same directory as the executable?

I could not find any information about setting this up in the
documentation.

BTW, the option to set the file location in OS X using the standard
file dialog is broken (button with 3 dots next to the path). You
can't specify a path unless you choose an existing file. Basically,
an "open" file dialog is used rather than one that allows you to
specify the path.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL