HP is looking for a full-time PostgreSQL Database Architect/DBA in Fort Collins, CO (telecommute maybe an option, depending on the candidate).
Full job description below:
If interested please send email to julie(dot)smith(at)hp(dot)com and also apply through HP website, search on job ID# 442034 http://www8.hp.com/us/en/jobsathp/index.html
HP Infrastructure Software & BladeSystem group is looking for a talented database architect to design, implement, analyze, and tune the database access layer of HP's next generation infrastructure management solution. This solution will be deployed across multiple development, test, QA, and production environments and run a combination of OLTP and OLAP workloads.
The solution must meet customer demands for security, high availability, scalability and performance. Upgrades and maintenance operations in the production environment will support well defined change control and lights-out operations with no down time. Extensive load testing, monitoring and profiling will be done in the development and test environments to ensure performance objectives are met in large scale production environments.
* BS degree in Computer Science or closely related field (or equivalent industry experience)
* 4+ years hands-on experience as a PostgreSQL DBA on Unix/Linux systems
* 3+ years hands-on experience designing/developing OLTP and OLAP database systems
* 2+ years developing Java database interfaces using JDBC prepared statements, Hibernate, etc.
* 1+ years experience in profiling and tuning database designs for performance and scalability
* Experience with object relational mapping and performance implications of mapping
* Strong knowledge of SQL and DML
* Strong knowledge of Unix-based platforms, preferably RedHat and/or SUSE Linux
* Knowledge of database fundamentals like buffer tuning, locking properties, query plans, etc.
* Knowledge of replication, tuning and monitoring
* Provide leadership on the database architecture/design and establish guidelines with developer's on database access standards and best practices to ensure scalability and fast query performance
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Be motivated and have the ability to quickly learn
* Expectation to be challenged
* 2+ years hands-on experience with column-oriented databases, preferably Sybase IQ
* 4+ years Java/JEE development experience
* Hands-on experience with database HA configurations, tradeoffs
* Experience with replication for DR over the WAN
* Experience shipping commercial software
* Knowledge of Hibernate, traditional JDBC, Spring wrappers, iBatis, etc. a plus
* Knowledge of Ehcache, and L2 Hibernate caching a plus
* Knowledge of how to improve OLAP query latency outside of the database
* Knowledge of sharding and associated operational management issues
* Knowledge of CAP theorem
* Knowledge of non-traditional databases- e.g. Cassandra, HBase, CouchDB, etc. - a plus
* Knowledge of MapReduce, Hive, etc. a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field (or equivalent industry experience)
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Kim Stephen||Date: 2010-08-27 20:31:48|
|Subject: PostgreSQL DBA III Opportunity|
|Previous:||From: David Yaskin||Date: 2010-08-23 16:34:20|
|Subject: Short Term Consulting: Performance Tuning|