A question about PG Authorization

From: "Dong Meng" <eddy(at)securities(dot)com>
To: "Randall Shutt" <randall(at)cscc(dot)net>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A question about PG Authorization
Date: 2002-01-22 06:09:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Guys,

May I have a question about the authorization of psql?

By using '\z' in psql context, I can get the description of authorization about each table/view.

r -- SELECT
w -- UPDATE/DELETE
a -- INSERT
R -- RULE
arwR -- ALL

Authoriztion switches are specified as above, but what should I do if I want to grant 'update' without 'delete' to some table/view?

thank you

Eddy