Re: weird network issue

From: kevin kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
To: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
Cc: Jonathan Nalley <jnalley(at)fgp(dot)com>, "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: weird network issue
Date: 2008-03-28 18:05:35
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm not sure who all can connect to this box, I have several clients
with pgadmin III installed that cannot get to it.

This is from the 192.168.111.11 box:

[root(at)flux ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     esp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ah   --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp
dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpt:syslog
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTAB
LISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:s
sh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:v
mware-authd
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:a
uth
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
udp dpt:a
uth
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:s
vn
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
udp dpt:s
vn
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-
with icmp-ho
st-prohibited
[root(at)flux ~]#

And this is from the 192.168.111.13 box:

[root(at)db1 ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     esp  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ah   --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp
dpt:mdns
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpt:microsoft-d
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:microsoft-d
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
dpts:netbios-ns
:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpts:netbios-ns
:netbios-ssn
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTAB
LISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:s
mtp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:s
sh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:h
ttp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:p
ostgres
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level
warning
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-
with icmp-ho
st-prohibited
[root(at)db1 ~]#