Re: BUG #6640: pg_dump does not always dump data of tables marked as editable in extension

From: "Paragon Corporation" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"'Paul Ramsey'" <pramsey(at)opengeo(dot)org>,"'Mark Cave-Ayland'" <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>,"'strk'" <strk(at)keybit(dot)net>,"'Chris Hodgson'" <chodgson(at)refractions(dot)net>
Subject: Re: BUG #6640: pg_dump does not always dump data of tables marked as editable in extension
Date: 2012-05-20 17:53:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Tom,

Okay understood.  We had planned to do something along this line of having a
where condition for the extension or putting the custom spatial_ref_sys in a
separate table but hand't decided which way to go. So that will take care of
the handling custom records issue.

So I guess the more major issue is a won't fix on both sides since a user
will not be able to backup custom records without backing up the whole
database. I don't see any option in 9.1 or 9.2 pg_dump to explicitly backup
an extension and even backing up the schema an extension is installed in
doesn't seem to do the trick.

I would have expected backing up the schema an extension is installed in
would backup the extension.  Is that expected behavior that it doesn't?

Thanks,
Regina