Re: Further crashes

From: "Stefan Csomor" <csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch>
To: "'Andreas Pflug'" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "'Adam H(dot)Pendleton'" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>, "'pgadmin-hackers'" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Further crashes
Date: 2004-03-21 17:28:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> So we'll have to wait a bit. Stefan, it appears to me that that
> MacPostControlCreate is just the right place to set the font to the
> parent's font as default. I'm not sure about colours, maybe actually
> InheritAttributes() is the correct thing to put here
> (ShouldInheritColours should do the job, right?)

Hi

Yes this is the single point of entry that now every wxWindow passes
through, but the thing is even more complicated on mac, with the new
compositing design inheriting colors is not possible at all anymore in a
reasonable way, so we must in most of the cases let the system decide what
our correct background color is (eg group boxes get darker for each level).
If we start setting it explicitly it is immediately clear that it is not a
true mac app. So most of the controls render transparently, and embedding
controls like notebooks and group boxes have different shades of gray.

For the size of different controls: on mac we have two (on panther three)
different rendering sizes of controls (including their fonts) normal, small
and mini. You will be able to set the default rendering on a wxSystemOptions
level and already now you can set it on each control individually by
SetWindowVariant(wxWINDOW_VARIANT_NORMAL , SMALL etc). I've also implemented
the latter call in wincmn, so that this translates into smaller control
fonts on platforms that don't allow scaling the control rendering itself. I
hope to have a degree of completeness that deserves committing by next week.

Best Regards,

Stefan