transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version

From: Chris Mair <chris(at)1006(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version
Date: 2011-06-09 20:43:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

some of you may know the SRA PostgreSQL CE certification:
http://www.sraoss.co.jp/postgresql-ce/

In recent news this certification was discontinued to the
benefit of the new OSS-DB delivered through LPI-Japan:
http://www.oss-db.jp/

While the SRA one (Silver at least) was available through
Pearson-VUE in English the new OSS-DB is not (yet).

This is creating some problem here, because for some type
of courses I'm involved with as a trainer, I'm in need of
a readily available, affordable certification exam for
PostgreSQL in English (*). The SRA Silver CE exactly matched
what I needed.

So the question is: what can I do? Does anybody know
whether OSS-DB will be available in English some time
soon? Does anybody know about another exam (available
through Pearson-VUE or Prometric) that tests PostgreSQL?

I'm aware of http://www.postgresqlcertification.org/
but that seems to be sort of abandoned.

Bye,
Chris.

(*) or Italian, for that matter, but that's even more unlikely...

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2011-06-09 21:15:54
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Magazine #00 is out ! Send feedback please !