Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON

From: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Day of PostgreSQL - July 22, Sunday before OSCON
Date: 2007-06-21 17:45:06
Lists: pdxpug
Hello!

We've got a plan in the works for 5-6 hours of talks the day before
OSCON starts, and before the PostgreSQL party in the evening.

Anyone who has presented in the past year want to present again? Josh
Berkus, Joshua Drake and I will be the "selection committee".

I'd be very proud if our group was able to provide a couple speakers
for this. I'm also happy to help edit, provide extra beer for
inspiration or be a practice audience for anyone who wants to do this.

Here are the ideas I came up with (none involving *me* :):

> Jeff Davis just got a patch committed and he's giving a talk in
> August for our
> user group.  Mark and Jeff both went to PGCon. David Wheeler might be
> working on something interesting. We also have a few PhD candidates
> who run a database reading group at portland state, and a few
> academics who do data processing and warehousing involving
> transportation
> planning and oceanography.

-selena

pdxpug by date

Next:From: Rich ShepardDate: 2007-06-22 00:39:08