Strange problem with session and header("Location:script.php?".SID)

From: Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) <andreil1(at)mail(dot)starlett(dot)lv>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange problem with session and header("Location:script.php?".SID)
Date: 2003-05-06 08:42:30
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi,

I have very strange problem with sessions (it is not directly related
to postgres, although I am using pgsql in my app).

There is a class MyApp which does certain jobs, and instance of this
class (not shown here). In function OpenMainPage() I have started
session, assigned name to it and registered certain variables.
file: MyApp.php

class MyApp {

	// --- MORE STUFF HERE

     function OpenMainPage()
     {
         $res = $this -> mDb -> Execute('SELECT * FROM contacts');
         if ($res -> RecordCount() == 0)
             $this -> SetupDefaultDBRecords();

         session_start();
         session_name('MyApplicationSession');

         $aaa = "blah blah blah";
         if (! session_register("aaa"))
             echo "failed to register variable";

         header("Location:StartupPage.php?".SID);
	}
}

Then I would like to pass the control to script called StartupPage.php
using header("Location:StartupPage.php?".SID).

file StartupPage.php

//include_once('anvgwg_session_start.php');
session_start();

echo session_name();  // prints PHPSESSION or something like this

echo $_SESSION["aaa"]; // prints nothing

However, session seem to be terminated, although I have used SID. I
have tried to move         session_start();
session_name('MyApplicationSession') to the first script where the
instance of MyApp class have been created and used, but the result is
the same. I have checked PHP options (default install of PHP 4.2.3 and
Apache2 on SuSE Linux 8.2), enable-trans-sid and track-vars options are
on, so it should work. Quite strange, but {echo SID} prints nothing,
although { echo session_ID() } prints long cryptic string. I have some
other PHP programs installed on my server, but they working without
problem header("Location:script.php?".SID) without cookies (my app
should work without cookies enabled in browser).

Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski
*
*   Personal Home Page
*   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: Victor YegorovDate: 2003-05-06 09:13:36
Previous:From: Hans-Juergen SchoenigDate: 2003-04-30 08:04:23
Subject: Re: Encoding issues