PostgreSQL / MySQL DBA - May 2007 Job Opening in Santa Monica, CA

From: "Davorin Mista" <dmista(at)adconion(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL / MySQL DBA - May 2007 Job Opening in Santa Monica, CA
Date: 2007-05-16 08:56:45
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Adconion Inc. (formerly EuroClick LLC) is looking for an experienced SQL
Database Administrator to act as DBA and co-Architect in the development
and maintenance of a high performance reporting data warehouse as well
as other SQL databases. If you're passionate about dimensional modeling
and database tuning and if you are a multi-talented and flexible
individual interested in joining a world class engineering team you
might well be the person we're looking for.

This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering and is part
of our core engineering team, located at our US headquarters, two blocks
from the beach in Santa Monica, CA. The environment is fast-paced and is
sure to bring tough challenges and a rewarding experience as we continue
to positively impact online advertising by developing innovative
products that push the industry forward, to the benefit of our
advertisers and publishers.

Founded in January of 2005 by successful internet advertising veterans
and serial entrepreneurs, Adconion is the fastest growing global
Internet advertising network, headquartered in Munich, Germany, with
offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, Paris and Moscow.
--
Key Responsibilities
* Manage our existing PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
* Perform DB administration, upgrades, patches, and monitoring
* Plan and perform stress test and volume test on pre-production
database
* Help architect, design and tune a data warehouse that performs and
scales
* Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
* Work closely with software engineers to ensure availability and
integrity
* Document and update procedures and processes
--
Required Skills/Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years as a Postgres, Oracle, or MySQL DBA for large scale
commercial databases
* Experience in database performance tuning, clustering, backup and
recovery, system architecture and design
* Work experience on UNIX / Linux
* Ability to quickly identify and resolve performance problems
* Excellent communication and analytical skills
* Strong sense of ownership
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science
--
Desired Skills:
* PostgreSQL expertise strongly desired

If you think you're the right candidate for this job please send your
resume to devjobs(at)adconion(dot)com(dot)

http://www.adconion.com/en_us/company/jobs.html

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Davorin Mista