Visual Explain

From: Jeff <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Postgres Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Visual Explain
Date: 2004-06-16 14:01:32
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-performance
I've known about this tool for a while, but it seems many people do not
know of its existence and I think it would be useful to a lot of people
who have a hard time reading explain analyze output. (And even those
who can read them without blinking.. when you get deep in join hell it
gets tricky!)

Red Hat Visual Explain - part of Red Hat Database.

It is what the name implies - a graphical (java) program to draw a
picture of your query plan (along with all the juicy information
explain analyze provides).   I just tried it out today and after
upgrading my JDBC to 7.4 it worked fine (If you get a message about SET
AUTOCOMMIT then you need to upgrade your jdbc jar)

Quite handy for getting a grasp on stupidly large query plans.

http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb/visualexplain.html

I used the CVS version, I have no idea how well the "official" releases
work.
Anyone else using it?

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: BillDate: 2004-06-16 19:15:27