Re: Welcome Regional Contacts!

From: Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Welcome Regional Contacts!
Date: 2003-09-25 12:13:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> First thing, though, is for each of you to decide whether or not you
> can put
> togther at least a short list of local technology press contacts in
> the next
> two weeks.   If not, you should probably skip the rest of this
> process, as
> there's no point in slaving over translations if you're not going to
> send
> them out.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no contacts in the French-speaking
technology press. I will try to ask on the PostgreSQL French ML and see
if anyone can do something.

> Also:  Who has their own, regional, PostgreSQL web site?   I'm pretty
> sure
> there are some in Japanese, Turkish & Brazilian.  Anyone else?   If
> so, we'll
> be giving you the web stuff to go on your site.

Well, the French community does. The site is
http://pgsql-fr.tuxfamily.org and the ML is pgsql-fr-generale, but both
are still not referenced on the main web site, which is a shame (I
know, Josh, you already forwarded this to the www list, but it does not
seem to have had any effect).

Cheers.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco