Re: Cannot Create tables - on Windows XP

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: ishaame(at)bluewin(dot)ch
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot Create tables - on Windows XP
Date: 2004-10-27 09:43:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Oct 27, 2004, at 6:33 PM, ishaame(at)bluewin(dot)ch wrote:

> I think I had syntax wrong while creating a table under psql. Now I
> have
> managed to create a table.

Glad to hear you got it working in psql!

> But the problem persists under pgAdminIII. Here
> is the SQL created by pgAdminIII when attempting to create a table
> under
> it:

Unfortunately, I have no experience with PgAdminIII. I don't know if
it's been updated to work with v8.0 (though I'm sure there are plans to
do so if it hasn't been done already).

> "Neno" "char"(50),

It appears the problem is with the quotes around "char". I've never
seen types quoted like this before (though that doesn't mean it's not
valid). Removing the double quotes allowed it to work on my 8.0beta1
install.

However, like you said, you probably can't change the SQL generated by
PgAdminIII. I'm curious to read what people experience with PgAdminIII
have to say.

Good luck,

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com