Re: Additional options for Sync Replication

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional options for Sync Replication
Date: 2011-03-28 15:15:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> This is a simple patch, containing functionality already discussed and
> agreed and for which code was submitted in this CF.

These statements are simply not accurate. It isn't a simple patch,
the details of how the write and apply modes should work haven't been
fully discussed, and there is no version of your patch submitted for
the last CommitFest which contains any of this functionality.
Moreover, that CommitFest is OVER, so your repeated references to it
as "this CF" rather than "the last CF" do not match my view of how the
world works.

> There's no reason to block this, only for us to decide the final
> naming of parameter/s and options.

At the end of the day, we make these decisions by consensus, and three
people have said quite clearly that they believe it is too late to
apply something like this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company