Re: proposal: tsearch dictionary initialization hook

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: proposal: tsearch dictionary initialization hook
Date: 2010-09-07 16:55:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

2010/9/7 Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>:
> Hm, what is aim of this hook? It looks like a wrapper of dictionary init
> method.

If I use a mmap for shared dictionary, then I have to prealloc and
maybe preread dictionary - it can be done in external module. But I
have to join preloaded dictionary to requested dictionary. This hook
allows this relation - and it's general - I don't need any special
support in ispell dictionary.

Regards

Pavel