Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Seeking Mentors for Funded Reviewers
Date: 2011-01-26 21:39:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> It's just that
> I require both income and sleep. That's probably not an issue for
> people who are just getting started in the community.
>
> Another question is whether you really need assigned mentors at all.

Very few emails on -hackers go unanswered.

So I take it that the concern is not how reviews are funded, but over the
perceived connection between the organic community and third party
organizations. This makes sense.

So any person regardless of association or funding is free to approach to
community for assistance. In addition, third party organizations should
maintain a healthy disconnection from the community.

Is this correct?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.