Re: Patch author name on commitfest page

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch author name on commitfest page
Date: 2010-09-30 22:01:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
>> wrote:
>> > Can we please change the comment lines below the patch heading to have
>> > the
>> > real name instead of the postgresql.org ID?
>> >
>> > Patch by Pavel Stehule
>> > Patch by Gurjeet Singh
>> >
>> > instead of
>> >
>> > Patch by okbobcz
>> > Patch by singh.gurjeet
>> >
>> > https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8
>>
>> I don't think that information is available to the app, at least at
>> present... when you log in, it is empowered to ask the community login
>> DB "is this combination of a username and a password valid?" but all
>> it gets back is "yes" or "no".
>
> If you click on the patch title on that page, it takes you to patch details
> page, where the real author name seems to be available to the app.
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=393

You're mixing up two different things.

Each patch has an "Author" field and a "Reviewers" field. These are
displayed on both the CF summary page (in the columns with those
names) and on the patch detail page (in the rows with those names).
They are text fields, so they display whatever someone types into
them.

Each *comment* on a patch has an author also. This is also displayed
on both the CF summary page (for the most recent 3 comments) and on
the patch detail page (for all comments) and the authorship
information is automatically populated from the user's login.

It would be possible to display both of these using the same format if
that information is available in the community login database and can
be replicated into the CF database, but currently I don't have it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company