Re: Postgres-XC build error on Fedora 12

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres-XC build error on Fedora 12
Date: 2010-05-13 01:49:34
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
2010/5/12 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>:
> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:15 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
>>
>> BTW, can you please try a simple configure-make and see if that fails
>> for you ? You need to pass the PGXC flag to configure.
>
> I'm back. :)

Welcome :-)

> I could not reproduce the issue I reported during manual configure &
> build process, as you suggested.

Its good to know.

> So it is something with RPM build
> process actually. It is the same as PostgreSQL itself, so we will need
> to figure out the differences between them.
>
> Would config.log be enough for you to check?

I have no experience with RPM builds, so if there are any other logs
that you think would be useful in tracking down the issue, please
share them as well.

Few weeks back I actually tried to build RPMs from the spec file you
shared earlier, but did not succeed. Is it possible for you to share
the exact steps and any other add-ons (e.g I saw some patches being
applied in the spec file) that are necessary to build the rpm ?

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee