Re: Some git conversion issues

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some git conversion issues
Date: 2010-07-20 13:51:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 15:31, Kevin Grittner
> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>
>> I'm also seeing some entries tagged with "vendor branch", such as:
>>
> http://anoncvs.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/storage/smgr/README
>> revision 1.1.1.1
>>
>> Same issue there, the file comes out on the other end with the
>> wrong keyword  (in this case, listed as 1.1).
>>
>> I admit I don't even know what a vendor branch is, except I know
>> I've been annoyed by them before :-)
>
> I believe revision 1.1.1.1 is normally seen only for file brought in
> through the "cvs import" command.  "vendor branch" would make some
> sense as a commit message for an import.

Yeah, something like that. But why do we for the file above have one
"initial revision" and one "vendor branch", whereas for other files we
don't? (and there's no difference betweenthem)

Or rather, we do have two for example for md.c - but the second one is
not listed as being on vendor branch.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/