install instructions

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: install instructions
Date: 2010-08-28 01:37:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Over the last couple of days, Dave Page has been kind enough to talk
me through getting a development environment set up today on both
MacOS X and Windows, which was a challenge for me because I am
basically a Linux geek, not to mention a console geek.  It turns out
that we had to work around a few problems that were not mentioned in
the INSTALL file, so I thought maybe the attached patch to that file
would be helpful to the next person in a similar situation.

The strangest thing that we ran into was that the build-wxmsw.bat
script simply didn't work.  At first it didn't work because I didn't
run it from the directory that it lives in (which is the only place
from which it can be expected to work), but even after I figured out
that problem it just spewed errors when trying to convert the project
files.  Dave recommended the alternate method documented here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Steffen KuhnDate: 2010-08-29 15:50:19