Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-www] Example indenting
Date: 2010-08-29 10:56:55
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On 29 August 2010 08:39, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> > Are the boxes really that distracting?  How about if I remove the
>> > border and just have a light background?  The problem with relying on
>> > font difference is that it's not the same on every platform, hence why
>> > this all started.
>> >

>> Modified without borders on boxes:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/dark_ixion/4935194179/sizes/o/
>
> I definitely prefer with the borders (frankly I thought it looked even
> better with the shadows too).
>
> The grey text on light blue/grey boxes should be fixed though - that's
> a potential accessibility issue due to the lack of contrast.

Okay, as per Robert's suggestion, I've changed all
example/definition/synopsis boxes to grey, and followed Dave's
suggestion of restoring borders and making the default text colour
black for all boxed content. Bear in mind the rubbish screenshot app
I'm using heavily compresses the image, so elements aren't appearing
as clear as they should do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dark_ixion/4937010683/sizes/o/

--
Thom Brown