Re: PG 9.0 release timetable

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 9.0 release timetable
Date: 2010-05-29 21:09:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Assuming we want a release Postgres 9.0 by mid-August, here is how the
> timetable would look:
>        Need RC release to be stable for 1-2 weeks before final
>                RC must be released by August 1
>        Beta must be stable for 2-3 weeks before RC
>                Stable beta must be released by early July
> So, we have 5-6 weeks to get a stable beta.  Looking at the open issues:
> it looks like we are doing OK, but we must continue progressing.

This is a really short list.  Several of these items have already been
fixed, and others have been discussed extensively and are just a
question of making a final decision.  The thorniest question we have
yet to resolve is what to do about max_standby_delay - I think we need
Tom and Heikki to review this patch by Simon:

The real question in terms of release, I think, is how long we want to
wait for more bugs to be found, and/or how much time do we want to
allow for Tom and others to do further review of the code.

Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company