DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?

From: Eric Ongerth <ericongerth(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DROP CONSTRAINT... CASCADE seems to be broken. Bug?
Date: 2011-01-01 17:37:47
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello, this is my first post about pgAdmin III.  I searched the archives
here but the keywords DROP, CONSTRAINT, CASCADE are all so common that I was
unable to determine whether this is a known bug.  Also it does not appear on
the known-issues list that I could see.

   - Platform I'm running on: Windows 7 32-bit
   - Language: English
   - Distribution you used (source tarball, or binary): Windows 7 32-bit
   binary
   - Version I'm using: 1.12.0

The issue: there's no crash.  But right-clicking any constraint and choosing
Drop Cascaded appears to be incorrectly implemented.  I get an error window
that reports that there are dependencies and suggesting that I need to use
DROP...CASCADE instead.  The report reads exactly as if I had used Drop.
But I used Drop Cascaded!

I can open the SQL window and write my own command:
ALTER TABLE tablename DROP CONSTRAINT constraint_name CASCADE;

This of course works perfectly.  So maybe there is just a simple error
somewhere in pgAdmin III's implementation of the DROP...CASCADE action via
the right-click context menu on constraints?

Thanks,
Eric

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Eric OngerthDate: 2011-01-01 18:30:23