keepalive in libpq using

From: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: keepalive in libpq using
Date: 2010-07-06 17:08:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello all.

While I'm very excited about enabling keepalives in libpq, I want to
know how can I use this functionality in my application?

Let's imagine that I connect to a server with keepalives option, other
options (keepalives_idle, keepalives_interval, keepalives_count) are
used either. Then network goes down. So, how will I know that
connection is dead? Any callback function? Or should I check PQstatus
periodically?

Thank in advance

--
Nullus est in vitae sensus ipsa vera est sensus.

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2010-07-06 17:49:42