Re: parser handling of large object OIDs

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: parser handling of large object OIDs
Date: 2010-06-10 00:45:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I believe that the comment code is probably right, because I think
> IConst can only handle values < 2^31, whereas OIDs can be as large as
> 2^32-1.

I investigated this a little more and the above analysis turns out to
be correct. ALTER LARGE OBJECT OWNER and GRANT ... ON LARGE OBJECT
don't work for large objects outside the range of a signed integer.
Session demonstrating the problem and proposed patch attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
lobj-acl-err.txt text/plain 609 bytes
lobjoidfix.patch application/octet-stream 5.7 KB