Re: Wiki clarification

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki clarification
Date: 2011-02-26 15:31:30
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 16:24, Mike Ellsworth <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> We already have such a section on the main website, I suggest we keep
>> just one. If a vendor wants a wiki, they can use their own wiki - and
>> link it from our main website.
>
> lost me on this.  I think you're suggesting Vendors set up wiki
> software for one page on their own site.  Instead, I think it makes
> more sense for vendors to have a link from their own site - to the PG
> wiki.  Maybe I misunderstand.

To clarify what I'm suggesting - I'm suggesting vendors set up a page
about their own product somewhere on their own site, be it a wiki or
something else. If they don't have one, on a simple google site or
even a github wiki.

postgresql.org will then link to this from our product catalogue,
which is on the website, just like we do for other commercial
products. That way we (the project) provide equal level of visibility
for third party software, and it's entirely up to the vendor exactly
what type of information to keep on the page/wiki.

So basically the same thing, except I think the vendor should keep
their info and postgresql link to it, rather than the other way
around.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/