GPU Accelerated Sorting

From: Eliot Gable <egable(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GPU Accelerated Sorting
Date: 2010-08-30 13:46:26
Lists: pgsql-performance
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but it struck me as an interesting
idea if it could be added to PostgreSQL. GPU accelerated database
operations could be very... interesting. Of course, this could be
difficult to do in a way that usefully increases performance of
PostgreSQL, but I'll leave that up to you guys to figure out.

http://code.google.com/p/back40computing/wiki/RadixSorting

--
Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing
from our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even
considered to be a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to
live; not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Eliot GableDate: 2010-08-30 13:51:22
Previous:From: Yeb HavingaDate: 2010-08-30 12:52:23
Subject: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop