Re: hints in 1.12.0 Beta 1 (rev: 8328) do not honour UTF-8

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: hints in 1.12.0 Beta 1 (rev: 8328) do not honour UTF-8
Date: 2010-06-08 13:20:53
Lists: pgadmin-support
>> I think something in the range of "hey, wxHTMLWindow, everything >we feed is UTF-8" would be more stable... (if that exists)
>
> I assumed we were doing that anyway - after all, Hiroshi hasn't
> complained that it doesn't like Japanese text :-)

I would have assumed that UTF-8 as default. too, esp. as the
Query-Window also uses UTF-8. Maybe Hiroshi does not longer need the
hints and has switched them off? :):)

> Is the HTML *actually* UTF-8? I assume it hasn't just got munged into
> something else by someones editor?

I opened the HTML with Firefox, it looks fine.

I opened the HTML with SCITE, switched to UTF-8, it looked fine (also
checked the .cz files, could not read, but looked fine)

... I just used SCITE to save those files as "UTF-8 with BOM", and:
CHAKKA, pgAdmin shows great HTML, with ü and ä and all...

So it would be enough to resave those files with BOM....

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare