Triggers on Stored Procedures

From: Omer Anson <oaanson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Triggers on Stored Procedures
Date: 2010-12-27 09:38:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.

First of all, I apologise if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I would like to implement aspect-oriented programming in SQL. To that
end, I figured I need a notification method whenever a stored
procedure is executed (If possible, with rudimentary filtering). I
have seen that this can be done with triggers for INSERT, UPDATE, and
DELETE commands, and with RULES for SELECT commands.

My question is: Is there a way to do this to stored procedures,
without modifying the stored procedure code?

Thank you.
Omer Anson.