Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Sumit Pandya <sumit(dot)pandya(at)elitecore(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification
Date: 2010-07-06 12:40:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Sumit Pandya <sumit(dot)pandya(at)elitecore(dot)com> wrote:
> Dave,
>        I could not find any message on topic of such generic level of JDBC
> compliance which can lead to higher interpretability. Understand my
> perspective of mail is neither of PostgreSQL USER and nor of setQueryTimeout
> issue.
>        I made a generic suggestion which give higher adaptability to people
> who are willing to migrate to PostgreSQL. That will be first step towards
> increasing PostgreSQL community. I believe that clarify my intent properly.

Sumit,

My reference was to exactly the setQueryTimeout discussion, not a
general discussion. As Oliver pointed out, please tell us what is not
compliant so that we can address this.

It is my experience that "compliant" means the way that "XYZ" does it.
The spec is very vague in many areas so there is lots of room for
interpretation. This makes it difficult to be compliant.

Dave