Re: do we need to postpone beta4?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: do we need to postpone beta4?
Date: 2010-07-27 21:46:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> Well, that's pretty much saying we won't release before September.
>>
>> Yup, that's what I think.  In fact I think September might be
>> optimistic.  This is what happens when you fork early and allow
>> developers to start focusing on new development instead of testing
>> the release branch.
>
> [poorly worded protest]

Sorry - I apologize for that email. As has been pointed out to me
off-list, that was too strongly worded and not constructive. Still, I
don't think there is much evidence for the proposition that the
current delays are caused by having branched early. I think they're
caused by people being out of town.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company