Re: Cannot install pgAgent on Windows

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot install pgAgent on Windows
Date: 2011-03-10 05:50:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 3. I opened the pgagent_upgrade.sql script and executed it, which displayed
> the following message: "column «jstconnstr» already exists in relation
> «pga_jobstep»". (I am translating from Spanish to English). Nevertheless, I
> decided to continue.

you can write to pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org and send it in spanish
so we don't lose in the translation... but the message seems inocuous

> 4. I opened a command prompt window and typed the following (as instructed
> in pgAdmin III help for pgAgent installation):
> INSTALL pgagent -u postgres -p password hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres
> user postgres
> After hitting the enter key I got a message saying that "INSTALL is not
> recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file".

that INSTALL seems odd, try without it... also if pgagent is not in
the PATH you will need to put the full path to it, ie: c:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\pgAdmin III\pgAgent-3.0.0-win32 or something like
that

> 5. So, I made a change and typed:
> pgagent INSTALL -u postgres -p password hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=postgres
> user postgres
> This time I got a message saying that "Error when starting the application
> because LIBPQ.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may solve the
> problem".

you sure about that INSTALL? where did you read that? maybe can you
copy here what the instruction says?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL