Re: ERROR: character 0xe3809c of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in EUC_JP

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERROR: character 0xe3809c of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in EUC_JP
Date: 2011-03-25 01:44:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 03:33, Kasia Tuszynska <ktuszynska(at)esri(dot)com> wrote:
> We have a customer in Japan who would be interested in this fix, in the future. Would you like me to enter it as an official Postgres bug?

Not a bug at all -- there are at least 3 versions of "EUCJP" encodings, and
postgres just supports one of them. I think it won't be changed in the near
term. So, you would need to define a CONVERSION for your purpose as of now.

However, I think we could have an extension of conversion procedure set
for Japanese confused encodings out of the core.

--
Itagaki Takahiro