"Money" fields are returned as 'float'.

From: Vernon Cole <vernondcole(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Money" fields are returned as 'float'.
Date: 2011-02-16 02:07:29
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I ran across this while adding explicit PostgreSQL support to
adodbapi<http://sourceforge.net/projects/adodbapi/>
.
I am using psqlodbc_09_00_0200 which I downloaded this morning.
When I store a field of type "money", which, IIUC, is stored in an exact
format, I get back from ODBC a double float.
This is very interesting, since I cannot use a floating value to input the
same field, and thus cannot perform a store of something I am about to
read.

In my humble opinion, you should be accepting and returning a decimal type.
--
Vernon Cole

P.S.: Is this the correct place to make this comment?