Re: MS Access and field-level permissions?

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Benjamin Smith <lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access and field-level permissions?
Date: 2010-08-19 00:09:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Benjamin Smith
<lists(at)benjamindsmith(dot)com> wrote:

> How would I go about configuring it that way? I don't see "xmin" or anything
> resembling that anywhere in the ODBC config options...

this xmin column which is described here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/datatype-oid.html

is used by the odbc driver when you select the config option Row
Versioning.  When row versioning is set in the driver, the driver also
queries each rows xmin value to determine versioning information.  If
you don't have permission to it, PostgreSQL will throw an access
violation error.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.