Re: Email notification pgAgent

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email notification pgAgent
Date: 2010-12-28 01:54:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Okay, I'm almost done. Actually there is a problem with building the wxSMTP
package, so it doesn't send mails yet.
If this is done, I'm going to test it on Windows and *nix.

Time to take care about some other things:

1. I'm coding on Windows with VS 2010. I've downloaded the source files and
run cmake to get a VS-Project. Here i made the changes. How I can generate a
patch file with git now, because I'm not working on the original source
files - because of the cmake step? Have I to redo the changes on *nix?
2. What steps are necessary to send the changes to the community? Is there a
desired process and what's about the necessary changes in the pgAdmin UI?
Will they be done by the maintainer of pgAdmin? Of course I'm ready to
participate in pgAdmin too, but my knowledge of C++ and wx are limited, so I
can not promise best quality ;)

:) The 320 characters are wrong, 254 is the maximum. I didn't knew that
"text" in this case is more efficient than "varchar(n)".

Jasmin